About the project
GMNK has developed a Strategic Vision that aims to reflect the Government's strategic guidelines in the implementation of the Mphanda Nkuwa Hydroelectric Project. In this context, the Strategic Vision is based on the following vectors:
- Focus and speed up the processes of specialized studies, development (legal and financial structuring) and implementation (project construction);;
- Structuring the project within the scope of the national strategy for the electricity sector, reflected in the Mozambique’s National Energy Sector Master Plan for the period 2018-2043 (Electrification, energy hub and Boosting Industrialization);
- Proceed with the retrieving and updating technical studies and secure their intellectual property;
- Local Content, to create opportunities and strengthen Technical, Financial institutions and national companies that could play a role in the different stages of project development, including academic institutions.
- Conteúdo Local, para criar oportunidades e fortalecer as instituições Técnicas, Financeiras, e empresas nacionais que poderão ter um papel nas diferentes fases de desenvolvimento do projecto, incluindo as instituições académicas.