The Governance of Mphanda Nkuwa Hydropower Implementation Office fllows the Governance established in Ministerial Diploma 18/2019 of 7 February.
- GMNK reports to the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy.
- The Coordination Committee is headed by the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy and is made up of the PCAs of EDM, HCB, National Director of Energy and the Director of GMNK.
- GMNK is headed by a Director appointed by the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy.
- Plan activities related to the development and structuring of the Project;
- Proceed with the contracting of specialized studies and consultants necessary for the development and structuring of the project;
- Legal and Financial Structuring of the Investment of the venture, including the selection of the Strategic Investor until the financial close.
- EDM and HCB are Strong Original Sponsors. They are mandated by GoM to lead the Development of Mphanda Nkuwa project up to Financial Close.
- The development costs borne by EDM and HCB must be accounted for as advances to the share capital of specific purpose companies.